Monday, October 11, 2010

A day in the life - 10.5 months

Cora's days have a general rhythm to them - get up, eat, play, sleep, eat, play, etc. But to demonstrate the details I thought I'd do a photo journal of a day in her life.

Today turned out to be not quite our "normal" day, but since I'd already hazarded taking a photo of her nap I just kept on going.

Usually a happy camper first thing in the morning

She plays on the bed from when dad leaves to when I'm ready to get up

After a diaper change she plays on the kitchen floor while mom makes coffee

She's learned how to open and close the cupboards - it's endlessly fascinating

Has breakfast while mom checks email and drinks coffee - generally puffed corn and something else - today it was raisins

Showing mom the bag of puffed corn

Then we play!

About 2 hours after waking up Cora has her first nap. We read books and rock, then lay in the crib.

After nap we change dipes (not the first change of course)

And get dressed for the day


Today we found out that dad was on his way home, so we had another snack while awaiting his arrival - raisins.

And got in the car to go run errands

One of our errands was getting free wood chips (lovely to have Tony there to load them!)

Not excited to be woken up to go in Trader Joes

Big girl sitting in the shopping cart

But we get tired of the cart and want to be held by the end

After a snack it's time for another nap

Cora's up and ready to go while Tony attempts to sleep on


And we play some more - Thanks Auntie Linda for the fun new toys!

And we took a walk to the park and tried out the swings - she's willing to swing about a foot back and forth

And the dolphin bouncer - she was much more interested in the other kids than the equipment

Down the slide...

Watching other kids again

Then it's time for dinner - raspberries are a current favorite. She's even learned not to smash them.

Playing in the kitchen while dad cleans up 




After final playtime we changed, got PJs, had snack, read books, and then Tony put her to bed. Since dad was busy and I was doing the above things no pics...and there is no way I'm attempting to get a flash photo of her in the crib and risk a wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment