So I have long had an aversion to the sewing machine - but I finally am learning to sew. First I made Cora's quilt, and now am making her adorable little clothes.
My mom was here for a few days while Tony was in Atlanta taking the oral board exam and we did various things including checking out a fabric warehouse...I got stuck on this retro french terry fabric, but at only $2.99/yard why not? Granted, it was also like 60 inches wide so 2 yards may have been a little overkill. Here's my first project - made with supervision and advice but no actual sewing assistance.
It's a little sundress and bloomers (since we don't have diapers that match perfectly):
And then being worn by our adorable model:
I might shorten it a little since when she's laying down it ends up all puddled near her waist, but it's pretty cute for now. Currently project is making yoga pants out of the same fabric (it's grey with yellow hearts in case you can't tell).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment