Thursday, April 22, 2010

5 Months Old

I'm amazed that Cora is already five months old. When she was born I couldn't even imagine that that tiny baby would be trying to explore, roll over, put things in her mouth, etc.

At 5 months Cora was 13 lbs and 13 ounces - more than double her birth weight (6 lbs 0.9 ounces). She's rolled over a few times but not regularly. I haven't even witnessed the rolling but I've put her on her back and found her (screaming) on her tummy a few times so she evidently can. And she seems to have the leg part of crawling figured out but not the arms so she slides on her face for a few inches.

Things she likes to do:
- be with mom and dad
- cuddle
- go for walks (loves this!)
- put things in her mouth - my wallet/clutch is her favorite item when we're out and about
- take baths
- open and close her mouth, kind of like a fish - she seems to do this for a few days and then starts making a new sound
- babble (this is started in the past few weeks with different sounds)


And I don't think Cora thus far looks much like me - so here's a baby pic for comparison although I think Cora is older than I was in the photo. Same outfit 32 years later:

No comments:

Post a Comment