Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cora "Got" Christmas this year

We had a lovely low key Christmas this year. After the blow out meal of Thanksgiving we opted for something a little different, but still fun. We started the weekend with Christmas Eve church services (Cora and I spent a significant portion of it in the lobby), then went and had a great evening at Linda's house. Christmas morning Sharon came over for gifts and breakfast.

Cora fully grasped the gift aspect of Christmas this year (especially after the recent practice with her birthday).

Matchbox cars are a particular favorite of Cora's and she was very excited opening them.

She ripped the next one open even faster thinking it would also contain cars ;) 

Watching video I had taken of her (see below) with Gram 

"Hi Mom" whatcha got over here? 

And here's Cora playing with her shopping cart from Aunt Norma...





For our "Christmas Dinner" we went to a fabulous Schezwan restaurant and Cora got right into it.  The oil poached fish was amazing although she loved the soup noodles...

And the dry cooked green beans that she dipped in the sauce from another dish (see the soup spoon on her plate). 

And probably most of all the candied peanuts they served as an amuse bouche, but which Cora had a 2nd dish of as a finale. 

Here she is ready to go to lunch in her red cord jumper dress. 

Spending the afternoon cuddled down in her pink Santa jammies reading with Gram

And on the 26th we went to Linden to spend the day with Great Gram Yolanda and Uncle Ernie...but I neglected to bring extra batteries so after the picture fest of Christmas I was low and this was all I got :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment